In 2009, our founder, Denise Pollicella, started Cannabis Attorneys of Michigan in response to a demand for guidance in the then-nascent Michigan medical marihuana industry.
At a time when the state was still struggling with its role and the only advice was from criminal defense attorneys, CAM found its footing educating caregivers and patients on their rights and responsibilities, counseling in the pro-active and risk averse nature of business law, and helping its clients work with municipalities, law makers and community leaders to affect positive change in Michigan.
A veritable roller-coaster ride of court decisions/legislation later, CAM is still working to ensure Michigan has a safe, legal and regulated system in which local economies can thrive, communities can benefit and above all, patients can safely access this vital medicine.
More about our founder:
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2017 Women in the Law
- 2019 State Bar of Michigan Marijuana Law Section Pioneer Award
- American Law Society American’s Top lawyers
- Culture Magazine Legal Corner Contributor since 2013
- Cannabis Conundrum: While Others Blow Smoke, These Experts Clear the Air. Amazon 2018, Co-Author
Memberships and Panels:
- State Bar of Michigan, Marijuana Law Section Inaugural Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Employment Law Section
- MiCompassion, Legal Advisory Board
- Small Business Administration of Michigan. Marijuana Task Force 2017-2018
- Michigan Cannabis Development Association, Founder and General Counsel, 2014-17